How is Invisalign® different from Braces?
If your dentist has advised that your teeth should be straightened, we’d like to let you know that Invisalign® is an alternative to traditional braces. It costs sometimes the same or less depending of the length of the treatment. So, there are no extra fees for you. Dr Mihyawi and his highly trained staff at Sky Dental in Malden are experienced at fitting your teeth for Invisalign®. We are an Invisalign certified provider and, through our professional gentle dental care, we’re here to help you on the path to a beautiful new smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Watch the video just above.
Braces rely on wires, metal brackets and rubber bands to align crooked teeth. They are not removable and therefore uncomfortable. Not all foods can be chewed while wearing braces, and home oral care is tricky. Gum disease can develop because brushing isn’t easy. Participation in sports is limited since a special mouth guard is required.
On the other hand, the Invisalign® system has none of those drawbacks. The clear trays are designed to shift your teeth slightly over time, horizontally, vertically and even rotating them if necessary. Timelines for treatments vary, but usually take about a year for adults. Remove your aligners to eat normally and even floss as usual. The retainers are smooth, and won’t cut your mouth in physical activities (for instance, wrestling).
Why should you decide on Invisalign?
- The brand name says it all. Trays are clear and straighten your teeth gently.
- Clear retainers can be used for whitening and bleaching your teeth.
- Enjoy the food you usually eat and follow your normal brushing routine. Simply remove your aligners, have dinner, brush, floss and pop the Invisalign® back in. So much easier than braces!
- Invisalign® protects your teeth from grinding during treatment.
- The clear trays can also be used to make a cast of your teeth to prepare for veneer or dental implant placement. This gives the advantage of a more predictable result for either cosmetic procedure.
Invisalign® costs about the same as braces, although there may be some variance on a case-by-case basis. Your needs should be discussed with your dentist. Our treatment coordinator at Sky Dental will help find your insurance coverage and make an easy simple payment option to suit your finances.
If cost is a concern, talk to us about our flexible payment options. We’ll work with you to create your dazzling smile!